A space for anthropology, education and community projects
Interested in why people do what they do? If you want to develop an understanding of cross-cultural human behavior from a global and local perspective, whether anthropological or educational tuition, to exploring a community arts project or professional guidance, I offer a wide range of options to develop your journey further:
- Anthropology consultancy
- Ethnographic training
- Research Interviews, qualitative workshops
- Independent fieldwork short and long-term research projects, reports and evaluation
- Devising focus groups and oral history training workshops
- Public and private exhibition talks from ethnographic museums to art and photography galleries
- Cultural events, tailor-made private, group visits and walks
- Anthropology educational courses, cultural taster days
- Private individual and group tuition from A level to BA, MA, MSc and PhD
“I studied a Visual Anthropology course in April 2018. I found the experience to be most rewarding. The choice of teaching methods using ethnographic documentary films and photography was excellent. Yasmin lectured with clarity and communicated complex ideas most effectively. I was intellectually stimulated throughout the term and introduced to stimulating readings and interesting debates and exercises! Great group visit to “Another Kind of Life” photo exhibition at the Barbican”
Nilofar Akmut: City Lit.
Talking Streets: Passionate about Community Heritage and Cross Cultural Diversity for AllStreets talk in various ways. Not only through architectural design but through human performance, ranging from art and music to food, dance and oral histories. Whether global or local, from bright terracotta mud walls mixed with earth, to Buddhist mandala sand drawings and the symbolism of aboriginal dream time paintings, it raises the question of why different cultures decorate their walls and floors in different ways?